What To Consider Before Visiting A Vein Restoration Center
If you are tired of dealing with spider veins or varicose veins, you have certainly encountered the difficulty of finding a vein treatment center that meets your needs. Most patients are seen without a referral for various reason including:
- Younger patients do not have primary care doctors
- Many primary care physicians are also unaware of where to send patients for safe and effective vein treatments
- Patients are uncomfortable discussing their spider and varicose veins
- Lack of awareness on medical coverage for vein treatment
Instead, most patients present with self-referrals after an online search. Unfortunately, that task can be quite daunting with little guidance on what qualities to assess about the center for vein restoration or vein specialist. Too often, patients are lured by gimmicks such as free varicose vein consultation near me or over-stated claims of superiority. We recommend a careful and patient approach to your research.
We present this guide to help you on your search to find the best vein specialist for your region.
A Guide For Finding The Right Center for Vein Restoration
What kind of doctor specializes in veins? This is the most important quality to ascertain. Having a board-certified vein doctor should mean a physician with formal fellowship or residency training in vascular medicine. ABVLM or phlebology is not recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialities (ABMS) due to the absence of formal training. ABVLM is a written test only and can be obtained by anyone without procedural competency. Appropriate questions to ask:
- Did you perform vascular procedures in residency or fellowship?
- Are you board-certified in vascular surgery, invasive cardiology or interventional radiology?
- Did you perform vein procedures during residency or fellowship?
- What doctor treats varicose veins at this clinic?
- Does the doctor have hospital privileges to perform procedures? If the doctor cannot be credentialed at the hospital for similar work, that is a clear red flag.
- Do you perform diagnostic ultrasounds for venous insufficiency?
A Vein clinic should be dedicated to the diagnosis and management of spider and varicose veins. Vein disease requires a focused effort to guarantee quality and safety. Avoid medical clinics that read like a buffet. Just like your heart specialist cannot be your botox or cosmetic filler expert, we cannot expect a quality vein clinic to also run full time practices in aspects different then vein medicine.
Do Not Feel Rushed
Select a vein treatment doctor who listens to your questions and addresses them directly. While vein treatment may not be as complex as it used to be, achieving relief and personal satisfaction from your treatments requires a patient and attentive doctor. Selecting a vein doctor you feel comfortable with is likely to be associated with better results.
Latest Treatment Options
The most effective vein treatments are now done completely in the office and in under one hour. The procedures are minimally-invasive, which means no sutures or scalpels. In fact, the procedures can be done with little more than local anesthetic to numb the skin. The most advanced techniques include:
- Radiofrequency RF vein ablation
- Laser vein treatment
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
One approach does not work for varicose vein treatment. At the best vein clinics, you will find a comprehensive discussion of all the available treatment options that can be tailored to your individual condition. While it might be convenient for some vein doctors to crank out RF vein ablations, the truth is the finer details rest with caring and competent physicians who also utilize sclerotherapy and micro-phlebectomy.
Key Points to Remember at Your Vein Consult:
- Board-certified vascular specialists with formal training in endovascular procedures
- Surgical stripping is no longer a necessary treatment saving patients from more complex, painful procedures
- On-staff vascular imaging doctors with expertise in ultrasound. These individuals have certification with RPVI (registered physician in vascular interpretation)
- On-staff certified ultrasound technicians. This guarantees your diagnostic studies are following a standardized protocol and performed by knowledgeable technicians
- State-of-the-art treatments and facilities: Vein disease is not a one-size fits all approach and patients are best served by a team of vein specialists that can provide a full service of vein treatments. This includes endovascular techniques such as RF ablation and Venaseal
- Quality and satisfying results are achieved with vein specialist comfortable with time-intensive procedures like sclerotherapy and phlebectomy
Call Us Today!
Let Princeton Vascular guide you to a treatment option.
Why Princeton Vascular Centers
Our vein treatment center is among the first of its kind to establish a collaborative group of experts from vascular surgery and invasive cardiology to treat spider and varicose veins. Our balanced approach means a tailored plan for each patient customized to preferences and anatomy. You can also feel confident in the knowledge that all our vein doctors have completed formalized cardio-vascular residency programs and have years of experience in treating vein disease. Every member of our team stays up-to-date on the latest spider and varicose vein treatments, as we are dedicated to our patients’ health, comfort and success.
For more information about one of the Best Vein Clinics in America, please schedule your spider vein and varicose vein consultation today.
Locations Convenient to most of New Jersey!
Meet our Vein Doctors
Dr. Alissa Brotman O’Neill
Double Board Certified | Harvard University
Dr. Alissa Brotman O’Neill is an accomplished vascular surgeon and vein specialist in Princeton, NJ, Edison, NJ and Mt. Laurel, NJ.
Dr. Faisal Siddiqi
Double Board Certified| Yale Medical School
Dr. Siddiqi proudly offers the latest technology available for spider and varicose vein treatments at his offices in Freehold, NJ, Edison, NJ and Point Pleasant, NJ.
Dr. Simon Smith
Board Certified Cardiovascular and Vein Disease Specialist
Dr. Smith is currently serving patients at the Vein Treatment Clinic in Clifton and Wayne, New Jersey.
[hubspot type=form portal=5953924 id=83cc301e-2bf0-4aa3-8318-2b25085a6e03]