Advanced Techniques For The Best Sclerotherapy Near Me
June 27, 2020
We understand that patient’s are rightly concerned about getting the right diagnosis and treatment for vein disease. Your vein health is incredibly important and having an experienced vein doctor can be the difference between relief and disappointment. To that end, we have put together this simple guide to help you find the best vein doctor for spider and varicose vein treatment.
Sclerotherapy in Vein Treatment
Sclerotherapy is an art that has been refined over many years of practice in spider vein treatment. During this time, innovations in the medication and delivery of treatment have increased both the safety and efficacy of treatment.
Today, sclerotherapy is a powerful tool in the hands of a qualified vein doctor. Unlike laser vein treatment, sclerotherapy is effective for both small and large spider veins. Additionally, modified techniques in sclerotherapy have also increased its utilization in the treatment of varicose veins eliminating the need for more invasive procedures like microphlebectomy.
In this article, we present the different uses of sclerotherapy and how the Princeton Vascular Center is setting itself apart as the premier destination for vein treatment in NJ.
What is Sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is the preferred treatment for patients seeking to get rid of spider veins. During a sclerotherapy session, the vein doctor will inject a small amount of a medicine called a sclerosant into the vein. The medication acts like a detergent and lining of the diseased vein walls. Ultimately, the veins break apart and are reabsorbed into the body. The effect of treatment is seen over the course of 4 to 6 weeks with the spider veins gradually disappearing. Most patients will require 2 or 3 sessions for near complete resolution. Your vein specialist can give you a better indication with direct examination.
What To Expect At The Vein Treatment Center Near Me?
The typical vein treatment session with sclerotherapy takes 30 minutes to 1 hour. There is little preparation needed before the procedure. Most procedures can be done without local anesthetic, however sensitive patients can opt for topical agents.
After treatment, your vein treatment center in NJ and NY will supply you with simple after care instructions. A compresssion stocking may be advised for a short period of time to improve outcomes. It is not unusual to see some initial redness or even itching around the injection sites. This will resolve on its own without treatment.
How Successful Are Advanced Sclerotherapy Techniques?
Advanced sclerotherapy techniques have been embraced by our physicians at the Princeton Vascular Center. Our vein doctors have honed their skills over a thousand procedures completed. More importantly, our vein doctors in NJ are board-certified specialists with dedicated training in vascular disease management. To schedule a consultation at our vein treatment center, book your appointment online or call 609-257-2095. The headquarters are located in Princeton NJ near the Penn Campus for Princeton Hospital.
Our Vein Clinics in NJ are conveniently found in 7 locations across the state
What are Advanced Sclerotherapy Techniques?
Our vein treatment center in NJ has whole-heartedly accepted all the major advances in sclerotherapy technique. Our large experience with the newer techniques set us apart from many other sclerotherapy destinations. Here are some of our favorite uses of sclerotherapy in spider vein treatment:
- Foam Sclerotherapy: We have seen numerous patients present from other clinics with seemingly failed spider vein removal. This can be due to numerous factors including improper choice of sclerotherapy. With larger spider veins and reticular veins, traditional sclerotherapy passes quickly through the vessels without much contact. As a result, the vessel walls remain intact.Foam Sclerotherapy is a good option if traditional sclerotherapy has failed to get rid of spider veins. Foam sclerotherapy is obtained in the office by compounding the sclerosant with a mixture of air or purchased pre-formulated. The foam displaces the blood in the targeted vein and causes the vein to collapse.
- Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy: Not all varicose veins are visible and some feed directly into the spider veins on the surface of the skin. In these cases, ultrasound is used to identify the target vein that is injected with sclerosant. WIth foam sclerotherapy, the medication can be seen on ultrasound interacting with the diseased vein. Vein doctors adept at ultrasound technique are best suited to perform this advanced technique for vein removal.
- Light-Guided Sclerotherapy: A veinlite is a simple and effective way to illuminate unseen networks of spider and reticular veins. When these veins are not properly treated, the incidence of recurrence is much higher.
- Polidocanol: A leading vein center in NJ will not use hypertonic saline for sclerotherapy treatment. Polidocanol is the preferred sclerosant for spider vein treatment and has numerous advantages over tired techniques like hypertonic saline.
Advantages of Advanced Sclerotherapy Techniques
The newer formulations of sclerosant used at Princeton Vascular Center are associated with:
- Increased effectiveness
- Decreased burning with injection
- Decreased incidence of matting, staining, and ulceration.
Foam Sclerotherapy is associated with:
- Greater variety of veins including varicose veins that can be treated with injections
- Can be assisted by VeinLites or ultrasound guidance for improved targeting
- Safety profile has been tremendously improved with pre-formulated compounds with O2:CO2 mixtures that micronize bubbles. This is the only FDA approved method for foam sclerotherapy.
- Improved results on patients with prior vein stripping and recurrent disease (neovascularization)
Finding the right vein specialist is the most important step towards getting the right diagnosis and treatment. The Vein Specialist Centers are a premier destination for spider and varicose vein treatment. Our team of vein specialists have been carefully selected based on their training background, reputation, and favorability rating with patients. The experience has been great for our patients and we look forward to helping you. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.
Dr. Brotman O’Neill
Harvard Trained | Vascular Surgeon / Vein Specialist
Dr. Alissa Brotman O’Neill is an accomplished vascular surgeon and vein specialist and skilled in applying cutting-edge, minimally-invasive endovascular technology of the aorta and peripheral arteries.
Schedule a Consultation
Our vein centers in NJ and NY provide a personalized approach for spider and varicose vein treatment. Book a consultation now, we’re looking forward to assisting you.
Our Vein Centers
We pride ourselves on providing the best spider vein and varicose vein treatments to patients in New Jersey and New York.
10 Forrestal Road South
3848 Park Avenue, Ste 101
03. Mt. Laurel
4000 Church Road
Mt. Laurel, NJ
2 Sears Drive, Ste 101
905 Allwood Road, Ste 105
342 Hamburg Turnpike, Ste 202
501 Iron Bridge Road, Ste 2
08. Long Island
560 Northern Blvd #204A
Great Neck, NY
Request an appointment
We are one of the top spider vein and varicose vein treatment centers in the Nation, offering the latest treatments and the most state of the art technology. Our vein treatment center sources the best vein doctors and specialists from around the world.
Enter your information below to get started
Questions? Call Us
By emailing us or contacting us via web form, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information about internet privacy, please read our Communication by Email/Text document. Please respond “stop” to text messages to opt out.