What Are The Best New Vein Treatments in Edison NJ
IVY TRAINED VEIN DOCTORS | TOP RATED VEIN CENTER| SPIDER AND VARICOSE VEIN TREATMENT CLINIC
Are Varicose Veins Dangerous?
Varicose veins are often the result of dysfunctional circulation in the leg veins. These diseased veins are often inherited leading to a predisposition for blood to pool in the legs. As a result, high pressures build inside these veins and ultimately cause symptoms of leg heaviness, leg pain, swelling and skin discoloration for symptomatic individuals. On the surface, the high pressure results in the formation of spider and varicose veins. Untreated veins can also be an increased risk for DVT (deep vein thrombosis), bleeding and infection. Preventing long-term complications depends on early recognition and treatment measures.
Venous insufficiency is more common in individuals who sit or stand for prolonged periods, increasing age, females, obesity, and most importantly patients with a family history.
Treatment is recommended if you are experiencing bothersome symptoms and fortunately are well-covered under insurance with medical necessity. Modern non-surgical treatments include venous ablation, sclerotherapy, and phlebectomy that are suitable for the office and do not keep patients from continuing their usual routines. Our article today reviews the latest innovations for vein treatment in Edison NJ.
Who Treats Varicose Veins?
A vein specialist is a doctor that specializes in treating spider and varicose veins and the underlying condition, venous insufficiency. The most qualified vein doctors in Edison have completed formal training in endovenous procedures during either a residency or fellowship in vascular surgery or interventional cardiology. These specialties are formally recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties and proficient doctors are awarded board certifications in their field of expertise. Board-certifications are available in various specialties including internal medicine, anesthesia or family medicine are well deserved, however not in the treatment of varicose veins.
Minimally Invasive Varicose Veins Treatments
Varicose vein removal and treatment of venous insufficiency has evolved from the days of vein stripping. Instead, today’s procedures are minimally-invasive and suited for all types of vein conditions. Best yet, they are done without the need for sedation (unless requested by the patient) and are performed in under 1 hour.
These minimally invasive treatments for varicose veins include:
- VenaSeal: Like most other vein treatments today, VenaSeal is also catheter-based technology. However, unlike ablation, the catheter is used to inject a medical adhesive that fuses the diseased vein closed. Over time, the vein is reabsorbed by the body.
- Radiofrequency ablation: Catheter-based technology that delivers radiofrequency generated heat to the blood vessel walls. The procedure is done with only small amounts of local anesthetic and can be completed in less than 30 minutes.
- Sclerotherapy: A medicated solution is injected in either liquid or aerated form (foam sclerotherapy). This medication acts as a sclerosant and disrupts the walls of diseased veins causing them to collapse and eventually be absorbed.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: This requires the most skill and patience, but still is minimally invasive. Tiny incisions are made over large, protuberant veins so that they can be directly removed. Unlike stripping, these procedures are done within the office and patients do not require any downtime. The best part, any large visible varicose veins are immediately removed leading to dramatic skin improvements.
- Clarivein: Another catheter-based technique with some special uses in certain varicose vein anatomy. In this case, mechanical force and sclerosant are used to eliminate diseased veins.
Call Us Today!
Let Princeton Vascular guide you to a treatment option.
Why Edison Vein Center?
Our vein treatment center in Edison NJ staffs vein doctors who have completed formalized vascular training programs and have years of prior experience in treating vein disease. Most importantly, all our doctors have board-certifications in either vascular surgery or cardiovascular disease.
At our vein clinic in Edison NJ, you can rest assured that you will be in the care of a board-certified vascular specialists. Dr. Alissa Brotman-O’Neill has been consistently named to Top Doc in SJ Magazine, NJ Top Doctors, Talk of the Town, and Compassionate Doctor on Vitals. As President-elect for the New Jersey Vascular Surgical Society, she is committed to remaining up to date on all the latest research and technologies in the treatment of vein disease. For more information, please schedule your spider vein and varicose vein consultation today.
Locations Convenient to most of New Jersey!
Meet our Vein Doctors
Dr. Alissa Brotman O’Neill
Double Board Certified | Harvard University
Dr. Alissa Brotman O’Neill is an accomplished vascular surgeon and vein specialist in Princeton, NJ, Edison, NJ and Mt. Laurel, NJ.
Dr. Faisal Siddiqi
Double Board Certified| Yale Medical School
Dr. Siddiqi proudly offers the latest technology available for spider and varicose vein treatments at his offices in Freehold, NJ, Edison, NJ and Point Pleasant, NJ.
Dr. Simon Smith
Board Certified Cardiovascular and Vein Disease Specialist
Dr. Smith is currently serving patients at the Vein Treatment Clinic in Clifton and Wayne, New Jersey.
[hubspot type=form portal=5953924 id=83cc301e-2bf0-4aa3-8318-2b25085a6e03]